The latest on the STLR radar:
- Patent Docs reviews Senator Patrick Leahy’s proposals for patent reform.
- Third Circuit gives “Spam filter ate my filing notice” excuse a second chance, from the Technology & Marketing Blog.
- EFF sues to find out how the government spies on us using social networks; Indiana University students makes a Freedom of Information request to find out much the big telcos charge the government to spy on their networks, says Wired.
- The New York Times opines in favor of the Empire State’s decision to collect sales tax on online purchases from out-of-state retailers delivered in New York.
- Lazy IP enforcement leads to prosecution of the wrong guy, who makes a big deal out of it, says Ars Technica.
- FTC isn’t done with Intel yet, now looking into anticompetitive behavior with regard to Nvidia, reports BusinessWeek.
- Google to end free access to subscription news, blogs Gizmodo.
- And for an international perspective: BioTechBlog reports on IP and the biotech industry in India.